Monday, January 25, 2010

Good Evening Is Everyone Ready To Order?


Hi my name is Ash J and i'll be your server tonight, can I get everyone something to drink?

I know you have all heard the greeting and though I may have a wonderful smile and sound genuinely excited to be serving you I am actually thinking :
" Hi my name is Ash J i'll be waiting on you hand and foot because I need to pay my car insurance so please know what you want to drink because I have 5 other tables to serve."

This blog is about eating out and the things that we servers must endure to ensure we receive our wonderful and very much appreciated tip at the end of your dining experience.

I have had the pleasure of serving for the past 4 years. You will never believe the things I have seen and heard and how many times I have had to bite my tongue.

I am excited to share my wonderful stories as well as the stories of others working in the industry. My goal is not to complain but to educate the public on what really happens in the restaurant industry and what your server is REALLY thinking.

I hope that someone finds this interesting and that the public can learn from my experiences.



2 comments:

  1. I am sooo excited to read this! Growing up in a restaurant in the tourist trap, I have thought and said it all, including "Thanks for hating it, my dad owns this restaurant." I can't wait to read what I have long to say to so many guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are going to hate me. I never know what I want to order, and I secretly think I am a bad customer. I will be tuning in to your blog, hopefully it will help me change my bad ways lol.

    ReplyDelete