Monday, March 22, 2010

Party Time= SIT DOWN!!!!


Hello Customers,
I see you have brought a large group with you today.. you didn't make a reservation for your party of 20??? Hmmm ok just wait a few minutes and we will see what we can do... Yes I understand you are in a hurry I will get this taken care of ( BIG SMILE).

Believe it or not customers but this ACTUALLY happens ALLLLLLL the time. Now I know none of my regular readers would do this because you are all far to well educated now in the world of eating out. However incase you ever stumble upon this situation at a restaurant here is what the server/staff is really thinking.


1) I see you have brought a large group with you today - Actual Thought: You have got to be kidding me right... Can you please tell your children to stop pressing the handicap button and throwing mints at each other

2) you didn't make a reservation for your party of 20??? - Actual Thought: It's friday night at 6pm and you didn't think it would be busy??? Your joking right?

3) Hmmm ok just wait a few minutes and we will see what we can do- Actual Thought: How can I arrange the chairs so that this party is NOT in my section?

4)Yes I understand you are in a hurry I will get this taken care of. - Actual Thought: Are you really getting mad at me right now lady???

So their you have it customers, now you will be able to laugh the next time you see this situation.

Oh 2 final tips if you do happen to go out with a large group of people
1) Sit Down: the server is trying to keep your bills and food organized. Every time you switch seats I get confused.
2) Remember what you ordered: When you see a line of servers coming out carrying food, take a second to remember what you ordered so that when they call out you actually know what is yours.


1 comment:

  1. It's official. I will never be a server because I would die of a nervous breakdown! Props, Ash!

    ReplyDelete